The countdown to Christmas is officially on and you’ve got exactly three weeks to find the best gift possible for the graphic designer in your life. No pressure.
In the spirit of the season, we’re giving you the ultimate gift guide for graphic designers to make shopping a little easier. As creatives ourselves, we can say that every gift on this list is guaranteed to put a big smile on you designer’s face when they start unwrapping on Christmas morning.
Gifts for Graphic Designers if You’re On A Budget
You can give great gifts without breaking the bank. Remember, it’s the thought that counts boys and girls!
- Blue Bottle Coffee Subscription: Graphic designers, UX designers, UI designers, Copywriters—we all love coffee. It’s what keeps us going. Blue Bottle delivers freshly roasted coffee right to your doorstep on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly schedule (the Single Origin assortment looks delightful). You can’t go wrong with any of the 10+ subscriptions available;unless you order decaf. Price: $7+
- UX Kits – Website Deck: Sometimes, life is easier when you can hold the architecture of the website you’re designing in your hands. The Website Deck from UX Kits makes it possible to physically lay out the structure of a site and create a sitemap. Give the gift of wireframing this holiday season! (We promise that the UX/UI designer you give it to will LOVE it.) Price: $19
- Moo Hardcover Notebook: Graphic designers take a lot of notes. They doodle. They sketch. And this hardcover notebook from Moo is 160 pages of pure luxury nobody in the web design business should be denied. It makes a great gift for the copywriter in your life too. Just saying… Price: $19.99
- Design Funny – A Graphic Designer’s Guide to Humor: If you think designers take designing things seriously all the time, you’re wrong. Graphic design requires creative, out-of-the-box thinking. It’s supposed to be fun! Design Funny does a great job of being absolutely hysterical and informative all at once. Heather Bradley really outdid herself with this book and so will you if you put it under the Christmas tree for someone this year. Price: $24
- Pantone Universe Mug – Color of the Year 2016: Gift your favorite graphic designer with this classy mug from Pantone in the 2016 colors of the year, Rose Quartz and Serenity. The two gentle tones go great with some hot tea for a calming end to an exciting day of designing. Price: $25
Gifts for Graphic Designers if You’re NOT On A Budget
If you’re in the holiday spirit, just got a big Christmas bonus, and want to treat a graphic designer to something extra special this year, we’ve got you covered.
- UI Stencils – Website Stencil Kit: Brainstorming websites and app ideas isn’t always as easy as we make it look. This nifty website stencil kit from UI stencils will make wireframing a lot easier when everyone clocks back in after Christmas. The kit includes the most commonly used iconography and interaction techniques in addition to downloadable PDFs and a number of other tools. Price: $32
- Ruskerville Divination Planner: This gift works great for graphic designers or Harry Potter fans. These planners are handmade, hardbound and an ideal gift going into 2017. You’re not just giving someone a quality planner for Christmas, you’re giving the gift of organization, and who doesn’t need more of that? Order by December 15th to get yours by Christmas! (Applies to US Shipping only) Price: $35
- Komal Passion Leather Messenger Bag: Trendy and durable, the Passion Leather Messenger Bag is fitted with multiple compartments to help conveniently store phones and tablets, important documents, and other belongings. It’s essential for the designer on the go. Price: $55
- Slate Mobile LapDesk – The Essential Lap Desk: This sucker has everything. It’s lightweight, super strong, is well-ventilated (it keeps everything cool), and it has docking stations for multiple devices. Graphic designer or not, it’s a pretty cool gift for anyone who isn’t stuffed behind a desk 40+ hours a week and likes to get things done. Then again, it’s a pretty cool gift for anyone who’s stuffed behind a desk 40+ hours a week and doesn’t want to be stuffed behind another one at home while working on personal projects. Price: $60
- A Book Apart – Responsive Design Book Pack: A Book Apart makes “brief books for people who make websites.” They cover essential topics in web design and web development with brevity because graphic designers would rather be designing than reading all day. All books are typically 100 pages or less and come in eBook or paperback options. Price: eBooks, $37
Price: Paperbacks, $73 +shipping
Gifts for Graphic Designers & Anybody Else if You’re In Atlanta
We’re big believers in shopping local and since Z Coast Media calls Atlanta home, of course, we’re going to suggest doing a little holiday shopping if you’re in the neighborhood.
- MODA Membership: In case you didn’t know about it, MODA is the only design museum in the Southeast and it calls our humble city of Atlanta home. The museum features interactive programming and engaging exhibits year around. There are multiple membership options to choose from and it’s a gift that just keeps giving! Price: $25-$500
- Sock Fancy Sock Subscription: Located in the EAV (East Atlanta Village for all you non-locals), Sock Fancy has some of the most creatively designed socks you’ll find in the Southeast. Available in multiple subscription options, Sock Fancy Socks are another gift that just keeps giving (or not, you’re not locked into a subscription so you can cancel anytime). Price: $11+
*Discounts are available if you, for example, own a design agency, and want to gift your employees with a colorful sock subscription.
- Young Blood Boutique – Literally Anything: Young Blood Boutique is run by artist and Atlanta native Rebecca Hanna, and it’s the perfect place to find those artsy gifts for the creative people in your life. Plus, they just revealed some of the cutest Christmas cards of 2016. Check out some inventory on Young Blood Boutique’s Instagram, or better yet, drop by the store. Price: Varies
- ASW Distillery Tour: Know anybody (graphic designer or not) who likes whiskey? Do they live in Atlanta? Send them on a tour at Atlanta’s very own ASW Distillery! There are five tour options to choose from and new releases to keep your eye on over the coming weeks that make great gifts as well. Price: $8+
- Alliance Theatre – A Christmas Carol: Grab some tickets to Alliance Theatre’s, “A Christmas Carol,” and give an early Christmas gift this year. Funny, spooky, and heartwarming, there are plenty of showtimes to choose from between now and Christmas Eve. Don’t miss out on this beloved Atlanta tradition. Price: $14-$65
We hope you found this list of Christmas gifts for graphic designers useful and inspirational. Have some suggestions? Comment below or shoot us a message and we might just add them to the post!